A Dance

Life is like a dance
There are many steps
and as you learn
time and time again you will fumble and fall

You will spin and you will twirl
Your feet simply painting a unique mural

At times you will fly through the air
As your partner carries you
dancing with the stars

or you will dip down low
without your best friend to help you through your live show

You put one foot in front of the other
Living to your own rhythm

And by the end you will look back and see
the story you have painted with the tips of your toes

Smiling a radiant smile
you bow to the crowd for you like what you see

And realize
You are destined to fall
it's whether or not you pick yourself up again
that determines your destiny

CiaraSpriggs15 said...
today at 2:53 pm
Beautiful poem! Because I am a dancer, I found this poem interesting. The imagery used created great pictures in my head. The quote “You are destined to fall it's whether or not you pick yourself up again that determines your destiny” is well said. As a dancer and a human we all experience trials that makes us want to give up, but giving up is not going to make it better.

Annibonny said...
I love it! Especially how you said we are destined to fall. Its whether or not we pick ourselves up again. That is totally true!! Great work!

Mayim12 said...
I totally love it!

penguin35 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Awesome poem! I love the metaphor of life being like a dance. You used so much beautiful imagary in this poem. I like "your feet simply painting a unique mural", "you will fly through the air", and "living to your own rhythm". Fantastic job!

starlight26 said...
AWWW~! Great poem. I love the part where: "the story you have painted with the tips of your toes" and how your feet paint a mural...beautiful! Wonderful job! check out some of my work if u can:)

SpringRayynThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This poem is so amazing and so true. I can relate, since I'm a dancer and love dancing, so I think it's even better because of that!

L@Xgurrl said...
I really enjoyed this poam! I liked how you mentioned best friends be cause it so true your partner might not always be there for you but best friends will be!