Never Again

You stroke my hair as gently as one would a bird; your face only half illuminated in the moonlight.
In the overgrowth around us, whispers pass from bush to bush;
The sharing of our pains and sorrows.
You lightly caress my lips, a look of longing keeps my eyes fastened to your deep, chocolate eyes.
Suddenly, you swiftly draw your hand away, a flood of shame coloring your cheeks.
You unwillingly look down, hesitant to look away in these last few precious moments we have together.
I raise my hand to the hollow of your throat, feeling the blood pulse beneath my fingers.
You look up, meet my eyes, and match the burning sensation I feel.
You quickly draw me into the tense heat of your body, and you wrap your arms around my waist.
MY own arms circle behind you and clutch your passion closer, as well as your delicate scent.
I feel something wet hit my bare shoulder.
Startled, I peek up at you and see regret spilling form your eyes.
I sense the distress you didn't want to show.
I reach up to wipe away the next tear that slowly slides down your cheek.
You brusquely pull away, and I feel the swelling of emotions that always accompanies bitter goodbyes.
I lean in closer, closer until I can't get any nearer for lack of space.
I press my lips to yours.
I put all my hurt, all my sorrow, all my love, all my desperation into our final kiss.
I feel you responding guiltily, returning my hurt for hurt, my sorrow for sorrow, my love for love, my desperation for desperation.
My head spins, and I break away, looking at our intertwined hands, abashed by my own boldness.
I look up as you tug my chin up.
You stroke my lips in a rough, sad touch.
You then bend down and kiss me with more passion than before.
Then you kiss all the tears that fall down my cheeks in a flowing river and turn away.
My knees give way, and I fall to the ground in a pathetic heap.
I sob a silent cry, for I know that nothing can make you stay.
Not even me.
I whisper good bye to your retreating silhouette.
At the end of your path, you turn around and smile at me, a bitter sweet smile.
And I never see you again.

MorningStar15 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I want to cry my eyes out after reading this! so perfect. captured each moment thought and weakness perfectly.

Maximum replied...
Thanks so much! I wish I could say that this was made up. Have you written anything?

MorningStar15 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Yeah I have had 2 poems put in the mag. and I have I don't know how many on my page. I live for this stuff. And seeing your work, I hope you do too. Some of the best things come out of the worst. It is a good thing to remember.

Maximum replied...
Thanks. I try to remember that, even though I fail sometimes. And having poems in the magizine? That's awesome! I hope I can do that too. I'm only 14 so I probably won't get that for a while. ;)