THE RAIN

Rain
As it rained I stared out my window and started to think. I thought that as each droplet that fell contained a memory from each time it rained in the past. Some good and others not so good.
I thought about when I was a little girl each time it rained I used to put on my rain coat and rain boots and run outside to splash in the water puddles. And when the rain had stopped my mother always told me to look up toward the heavens and you will see a rainbow streaking across the sky.
But, as I got older the puddles meant less. Instead I used to get a good book to curl up with and a chair and sit by my room window and read until I fell fast asleep.
When I got to the age of where I didn’t particularly like to read I went for a walk and would let the rain fall on my face.
I got to the age where I didn’t have time to walk I used to tell my little girl to look towards the heavens and find the rainbow after it rains just like my mother used to tell me.
And now sometimes I would walk into my girl’s room and find her fast asleep in a chair curled up with a book.
But as I closed the door to her room I remember that these memories will soon vanish just as the rain droplets splash on the ground.

willowtreegirl said...
Feb. 11, 2012 at 1:20 pm:
really good loved the meaning behind it

daniec replied...
Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:55 pm :
thanks that was the whole purpose of writing this poem

LashontiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 27, 2012 at 10:43 am:
This is really good, I loved the way it started from you to your daughter.

daniec said...
Mar. 8, 2011 at 10:35 am:
please post comments