The Other Side of Pain | Teen Ink

The Other Side of Pain

February 9, 2011
By mgunter93 BRONZE, SAINT JOSEPH, Missouri
mgunter93 BRONZE, SAINT JOSEPH, Missouri
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

I sit there feeling hurt but do you know that? No, you don’t care, all your doing is enjoying yourself and putting others down. You don’t know what it feels like to be hurt like I have. Don’t you just tell me that it’s a joke when my feelings are hurt. You think that I’ll get over it but whenever I look back and think, all I ever think about is every time I have gotten hurt. Maybe it’s a good thing that I have been extremely hurt at some time in my life because if anything it’s taught me to never pick on anybody because it does damage. It does more damage than you’ll think. My life once was miserable, I didn’t see any point at all in getting out of bed in the morning. I’d just sit there and cry but do the people who have hurt me know this? No. They don’t realize that kids may not show it when they get hurt, but they show it when nobody is looking. That’s why I advise you to watch what you say and what you do because you never know how it’s going to effect them. Some may kill themselves, cut themselves, hurt someone else, and so on. You remember people who killed themselves and wonder why, maybe it’s because some one just kept putting them down, you’ll never know. You look at people that cut themselves and wonder why, maybe it’s because they been so hurt that they also want to hurt themselves. You sometimes wonder why people get into a fight, maybe it’s because they have had enough of people putting them down and so they think the only way to fix it is by hurting the person who has hurt them. You just never know, every situation is different but it all ends up with somebody being hurt. Once somebody realizes that they did hurt that person it doesn’t matter whether or not they do say sorry because they don’t know how they made you feel. Sometimes they do say sorry and they aren’t really sorry because they put them down once again.