A Floating Love Story

The standing moon brimming over every star, making all surfaces mirror a September beauty. Casting a cool silver blanket rippling across a vaporous breeze. The way you gather me close to the warmth seeping from your gaze, your face polished to a look of ease. Your eyes flickering between a painting of the stars and my own stilled reflection. I feel your steady breaths slipping in and out, your broad chest moving in rhythm with mine. The crisp night air pivoting around us, winding itself gently beneath my skin, leaving my breaths raggedly thin. And when you spoke, the air faded where your breath drew. Your words splitting the atmosphere and every doubt I ever had about you.Wishing for time we didn't have, but grateful for the moments that we had in this one last night together.I feel the pulsing waves beneath our makeshift dock, holding a love story afloat
on
top.

iamAbel said...
Great job Jenny! :)

anythingima[gina]ble This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

I really like this! My favorite lines would have to be "making surfadces mirror a September beauty" and "pulsing waves beneath our makeshift dock, holding a love story afloat on top." That ending was so perfect, I loved it so much! 

Keep writing, girl!