A Floating Love Story | Teen Ink

A Floating Love Story

By simplicityonpaper GOLD, Ashburn, Virginia
simplicityonpaper GOLD, Ashburn, Virginia

"Let me ask you something. If someone prays for patience, you think God gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient? If he prayed for courage, does God give him courage, or does he give him opportunities to be courageous? If someone prayed for the family to be closer, do you think God zaps them with warm fuzzy feelings, or does he give them opportunities to love each other?" ~Evan Almighty "God"

The standing moon brimming over every star, making all surfaces mirror a September beauty. Casting a cool silver blanket rippling across a vaporous breeze. The way you gather me close to the warmth seeping from your gaze, your face polished to a look of ease. Your eyes flickering between a painting of the stars and my own stilled reflection. I feel your steady breaths slipping in and out, your broad chest moving in rhythm with mine. The crisp night air pivoting around us, winding itself gently beneath my skin, leaving my breaths raggedly thin. And when you spoke, the air faded where your breath drew. Your words splitting the atmosphere and every doubt I ever had about you.Wishing for time we didn't have, but grateful for the moments that we had in this one last night together.I feel the pulsing waves beneath our makeshift dock, holding a love story afloat
on
top.

carilloony GOLD, Sterling, Virginia

"To love another person is to see the face of God."

Great job Jenny! :)

anythingimaginable SILVER, Ashburn, Virginia

I really like this! My favorite lines would have to be "making surfadces mirror a September beauty" and "pulsing waves beneath our makeshift dock, holding a love story afloat on top." That ending was so perfect, I loved it so much! 

Keep writing, girl!