Superhero This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

A superhero without tights
would be half naked.
An uncomfortable situation such as this
could have been avoided
had you, Mr. Superhero, not gotten dressed
in the dark.

Dat_B_1_T_C_H_GLOREYA said...
this poem sucks @spotteddickgloria

TravelerenRouteThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love this. It is sweet sincere and humorous. Yet it also deep and ironic in the best way.

hai_im_kenziiie said...
Everyone says it's funny, but I honestly feel as though it's a lot deeper than anyone can see. "Would be half naked" and "not gotten dressed in the dark" sound to me like saying, if you hadn't lied and kept a facade going, you wouldn't feel quite so terrible when the truth is revealed.

beautifulspirit This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:50 am
Certainly unexpected~ very funny too:)

I_am_the_only_me said...
I liked it! Hahaha it made me laugh =] thumbs up!

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
the best of the bestessesss. very nice.

xxCMMx16 said...
Apr. 14, 2010 at 9:20 am
nice poem maybe the superhero should have used some light getting dressed.

PRFury said...
OMG Julie, this is funny. I would have loved to have been there when the superhero did that, the look on his face.....

*sarah*

juliebulie said...
thank you :]]]

crich897 said...
Wow. I cannot believe there aren't more comments on this piece. I love the thought behind it - very deep. It honestly really takes the same old tired theme that alot of poetry contains today and spins it in such a way that it is no longer old and tired. "An uncomfortable situation such as this..." -- I love it.