"A Visit"

A visit
Where the blue sky meets the wave
Where the grey clouds caress the grave
Where the dawn wakes the wren
I’ll be there to meet you then.

In the old stone cottage we’ll stay
And in the cool dewy grass we’ll lay
We’ll look up at the skies
And then wave our good-byes
As I end my long extended stay.

IntrepidRoseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 8, 2011 at 2:53 pm:
I like it. It flows so well. There is not a single line that I stumbled over.

CharlesDickensThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 1, 2011 at 9:49 am :
Thanks!  This one I polished up a bit more than the others and I think that helped the flow.

Hazel-daisy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 25, 2011 at 5:09 pm:
i like where you got your inspiration and how you wrote it down straight away, it really is a great poem :D

Feb. 25, 2011 at 5:18 pm :
thank you!  I always write my best stuff in English or in the woods.  lol!

Vidra This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 21, 2011 at 5:34 pm:
The imagery was wonderful in this poem. It gives off a very calm vibe. I like it. :)

Feb. 21, 2011 at 5:48 pm :

thank you Vidra

CharlesDickensThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 21, 2011 at 6:32 am:
I really enjoyed writing this, and I hope you enjoy reading this!  This is my 4th Poetry submission on teenink!