I Am Yours to Keep | Teen Ink

I Am Yours to Keep

By Mermaidmissy SILVER, Las Vegas, Nevada
Mermaidmissy SILVER, Las Vegas, Nevada

You are a princess in my heart,
and I care for you so much.
I love the fondness in your eyes and your tender little touch.

I looked at you when you born,
and knew then straight away,
that I would be forever here
to watch you grow and play.

You bring to me heart of joy,
and memories so great,
and a powerful sense of fatherhood that no one can debate.

I watch you sleep and dream of things that I can only wonder.
That innocent look upon your face just makes my heart grow fonder.

I see you run and jump and shout and calling out my name.
No love that I have ever known could ever feel the same.
No suffering or tragedy nor deeply seated pain could ever over shadow the bond that we retain.

And so my little princess before you go to sleep,
Remember I am your daddy and I am yours to keep.

All daughters are there daddy's little princess now and forever.

Carly_Elizabeth PLATINUM, Othello, Washington

"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."
Roald Dahl

Even though I'm not a mother, I have younger sisters so I know what it is like to watch someone grow up and I think you portrayed those feeling perfectly. Keep it up :)

Mermaidmissy SILVER, Las Vegas, Nevada
I do hope you are getting a lot of rest and I was wondering can you look at some of my other poems and my book to please thank you so much. Have a good day! :)

on Feb. 23 2012 at 9:18 am
Mermaidmissy SILVER, Las Vegas, Nevada
Well I hope you get a lot of rest and don't feel bad ok, I'm a nerd too. It's pretty cool to me though. Umm, can you take a look at some of my other poems and my book please. Thanks! :)

on Feb. 23 2012 at 9:16 am
Mermaidmissy SILVER, Las Vegas, Nevada
No problem there, I was wondering can you look at some of my poems and book and tell me what you think. Thanks! :)

acetiger82 said...
acetiger82, Lynn, Massachusetts

dont let the eyes decieve you

this is good and I really liked it, sorry it took me so long to read some of your work, thank you for reading some of mine

acetiger82 said...
acetiger82, Lynn, Massachusetts

dont let the eyes decieve you

DoloresDarling, Cambridge, Ohio

Sarah Michelle Gellar- [on the importance of reading] I love books. I\'m constantly afraid we\'re moving into this digital era where books are going to go away, and to me books are the basis to everything in life. Reading is how we function.

I have a lot of stuff to do, I'm always worrying about my hw nd school.. I'm a nerd. I do my best! I love my sleep.

Mermaidmissy SILVER, Las Vegas, Nevada
I sure hope your not that busy with school, and try and take it easy on your self and dont over do it so much. Try and get plunty of rest and be happy one day at a time. :)

Mermaidmissy SILVER, Las Vegas, Nevada
Of course I'm going to read your work tomorrow for sure and let you know what I think soon ok. Promise! :)

prettyinpiink GOLD, Houston, Texas

" Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

I really liked your story keep it up !! Plz read some of my work and tell me what you think

DoloresDarling, Cambridge, Ohio

Awh, I hope so to! ;3 & I will do my best to.. with school I'm quite busy.. meh. :///

on Jan. 24 2012 at 9:30 am
Mermaidmissy SILVER, Las Vegas, Nevada
I do hope you become a really good mom some day and make your dreams come true. I hope you like my book, and i'm going to being fixing it soon so that is just a sample of it. The real news is i'm going to be publishing it soon so don't worry so much about the whole spelling thing going on, sorry. Well I sure hope you do injoy it though, have fun reading it. :)

DoloresDarling, Cambridge, Ohio

No problem <3 Nd I will.

Mermaidmissy SILVER, Las Vegas, Nevada
Ahh thank you so much for reading my poem it means a lot to me, and I hope you like my other poems to. Thank You!! :)

Mermaidmissy SILVER, Las Vegas, Nevada
Ahh thank you so much for reading my poem, and I hope you like my other poems to, injoy. Thank You!! :)

IMme2 BRONZE said...
on Nov. 1 2011 at 11:57 am
IMme2 BRONZE, Farmington, New Mexico

just be yourself not some one your not.
- unknown

this is really good it really brings out the feelings of being a mother!!! i love it

on Oct. 6 2011 at 10:11 am
Mermaidmissy SILVER, Las Vegas, Nevada
Ahh thank you so much for liking my poem. And ill pray for you to become a really good mother I hope that will come true some day for you soon. Good luck. Hey can you read my book and tell me what you think please. Thanks!! :) 

DoloresDarling, Cambridge, Ohio

I really liked this :3

& I want to be a mother someday..!..

I like your poetry :3