Mirror, Mirror on the Wall | Teen Ink

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall

January 29, 2011
By JanaB SILVER, Grosse Pointe, Michigan
JanaB SILVER, Grosse Pointe, Michigan
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

September 12

Dear Diary,


Today at school he picked on me again. I wanted to hit so bad, but my mom taught me better. He made the whole class laugh, they sounded like hyenas. I just sat there miserable, like a carcass on the highway waiting for someone to come a scoop me up in their arms. I knew that was a dream, usually none of my dreams come true. I pray and wish all the time that someone will find the piece to the puzzle that ceases me from being who I want to be. I just got enrolled in the school down the street after six years in the hospital and now I fill like rolling myself right back into my cocoon where I belong. He always picks on me. Asking why do I have less hair than him, because that’s not normal for a girl to have less hair than a boy. Personally I think I am beautiful inside and out, but no one looks in that mirror but me. They say I should be getting better sooner or later, maybe a little longer I guess. My mom said that boys do stuff like that when they like you or want your attention. He’s not all that great anyway.
September 13

Dear Diary,


He glanced up at me and smiled at me. It was a quick smile. He must have looked in my mirror.


The author's comments:
This piece is about a girl who has cancer and who has to go through all the things a girl as to deal with in school and more.