Guardian Angel

When I was six, my guardian angel stood at the foot of my bed, white feathery wings and long blond hair kept the bad dreams away. I knew that I was safe as long as she was near me.

When I was ten, my guardian angel sat with me and we talked all night, her wings lost their feathers and had black sparkles instead. She told me stories of gothic castles, or princes saving their princesses from the evil dragons.

When I was twelve, my guardian angel came some nights and sat in the corner, her hair now black and her wings were torn and tattered. She would watch me cautiously from her corner, her black hair falling over her eyes.

When I was fourteen my guardian angel disappeared, I stayed up at night waiting for her to return, but she never came. The nights stretched on, but no matter how much I screamed or cried, she never came back.

SpringRayynThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 10, 2011 at 10:25 pm:
wow. that is so sad! though it sounded more like prose than poetry, to be technical.

charmiypiggy said...
Feb. 10, 2011 at 2:57 am:

I don't usually read poetry, so I don't know what it's like. But this sounded pretty okay. It's very thought-provoking.

I'm sorry that this doens't really make up for the long chapters you have to read..

whatshername replied...
Feb. 10, 2011 at 9:50 pm :
haha its okay i like reading and thanx!