The Fool | Teen Ink

The Fool

January 22, 2011
By Rizzy BRONZE, Palmer, Alaska
Rizzy BRONZE, Palmer, Alaska
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I regret to inform you that your foolish little cousin has done it again. She has once more filled her head with hopes of saving yet another damaged soul. That soul is the one you recently referred to as depressed and heartless. She knows this well from your many warnings to stay away, to not speak to him, for it will surely only hurt her. Oh, but your little cousin with her optimistic hopes and her determination to keep the promise she made to him, her promise to stay and not drift away like all the others did. She said to him that she would never abandon him and intends to keep those words true despite his change and the miles between them. She wishes she could do as you, her dear older cousin, ask of her, but she can not stand the thought of leaving him to suffer alone. That just isn't the kind of person she is. She is that optimistic, hopeful fool who doesn't give up. You told her to not come to you crying to you when she finally gets hurt. Cousin, I will heed those words. I won't talk to him so much. I will be carefully. I won't come crying to you.