My Everlasting Best-Friends

They are mine to keep.
They are mine to hold.
They are mine to carry around on a scrap piece of notebook paper, hidden from the world in my pocket. No one can see them, but they are there.
They are mine to recite over and over in my head until I know I will never forget them, because I put them neatly into the file folders of my mind.
They are mine to savor like a frosty ice-cream cone on a humid summer day, and they are mine to feel sweet and fresh on my tongue.
They are my company on bitter winter nights, to cuddle up with like a teddy bear, and to make me feel warm inside again.
They never die like a plant or get old like clothes.
They stay, like faithful friends, and they are there to catch me when I fall.

HaleyDRog. said...
There you go again with the comparing, knocking me off my feet for your work is so pleasant to read!

JMThe-one said...
I like this one. It's well put-together, but I'm not so sure that words should be our best friend.

Vidra This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thanks! :) I was trying to make a point that words are a part of me and they make me happy when I'm down, etc. In other words, they're always there so I can count on them, when people fail me. :)

JMThe-one replied...
I know, anc I'm saying that it's depressing, and no one should have to rely on words to be their "best friend". Not that I can say that I can rely on people either. 

JMThe-one replied...
You should check out the rest of the stuff I wrote.