We are the wild children

We are the wild children
We don’t have a name
We are diamonds in the rough
Wishing to be discovered

My whole life
I’ve looked for a wild child
I’ve ridden ships
Planes
Even stood on the Eiffel Tower
But I didn’t find another wild child
Until I met you
Hidden in a dark place

You
You who always puts a smile on my face
Who lifts me up after I’ve sunken to the deepest depths
Who energizes and electrifies

Now I have a connection
That is as strong as blood or fate
I feel like if you die
I would know immediately
And a part of me would die too

But I am bound by secrets and rules
Secrets of abnormalities and of villains
Rules of God and of nature
The ones the wild child must not break

So I must keep my mouth shut and I must fly away
Or do you want me to stay?

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 31, 2011 at 11:52 pm:

i LOOOVE the title captain. it sounds like someones about to get mawed by a bear. and the ending really did its dance on the monkey.

no, you do not suck.

Aderes18This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 1, 2011 at 3:28 pm :

Thank you! :)

Mawed by a bear? That was not the effect I was going for! Where did you get that? Oh dear... 

Dance on the monkey?          Boosflash, a lot of times you make no sense at all! 

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 2, 2011 at 10:20 pm :
ah well, you know, wild children, savage kids, wild boar people. the terms seem to suggest each other.

Aug. 3, 2011 at 2:05 pm :
You think very oddly...

Sept. 22, 2011 at 11:52 pm :
I'm so glad you finally realized. Hello and I love you

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 22, 2011 at 6:27 pm:
My, I found myself enjoying immensely the idea of the 'wild children.' You wrote this so passionately and with such love, that the reader cannot help but being taken on the beautiful poetic journey which this piece creates. Very well done, Aderes.

Jul. 22, 2011 at 8:16 pm :
Wow, thank you. :) And that was the goal of the piece. And I made it with real love, even though this piece was for school.

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 23, 2011 at 10:51 am :
To write something with love is a wonderful thing to do...

IamtheshyStargirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 14, 2011 at 11:39 am:
Oh man, this is the very best one yet! You seem to hvae improved much, between your first poem posted to here, and this one. I love this one, very Star-girly :) I especially love the first stanza, it's so... catchy, I guess :] Who have you ever known that used to word 'catchy' to describe a poem? XD

IamtheshyStargirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 14, 2011 at 11:41 am :
I think this should have been published in the magazine. They leave so many talented works and artists to the dust...

Jun. 15, 2011 at 1:46 pm :
Poems can be catchy, because poems are like songs and vice versa. This is actually one of the first poems I posted here. 

Writomania This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 30, 2011 at 12:04 am:

The pic is really apt.. goes well with the poem..

Your piece is like really mystical and people can interpret it in different ways.. thats the brst part..

for instance, right now, im reading the harry potter series all over again for the fifth time and no matter what you do/say, i'll connect the dots to hogwarts. :P

so i felt like this wild child was like a new evolution...

wow.

May 30, 2011 at 5:07 am :
Thank you! :)

HammiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 12, 2011 at 4:38 pm:
This was very moving, but also passinate and exicting, you should interperet it into a story

May 12, 2011 at 5:30 pm :
Thank You! I think I might put that into a story. I'll put that on my to-do list. 

savetheplanetThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 8, 2011 at 11:19 pm :
It's so intense full of passion.  So yes, I think I want you to stay and write some more. :D

Aug. 9, 2011 at 9:06 am :

I wrote this at a time where I was very passionate and full of intensity. 

So I've captured that. Wow! Cool! Thanks! :)