Words of a Silent Soldier | Teen Ink

Words of a Silent Soldier

By AWonders GOLD, Johnstown, Pennsylvania
AWonders GOLD, Johnstown, Pennsylvania

Problems are like the Ghosts from Mario, if you don't face them, they tend to follow you...

Isn't admitting pain a sign of defeat? Thus a broken home is kept discreat. With words reaching only ears that don't hear, a parent's arrival is a child's worst fear. Screams shatter a quiet home. Only wanting to be alone. Tears streaming down his face, revealing their secret would mean disgrace. Wanting so much to run away, with nowhere to go he's forced to stay. Words of a Silent Soldier
While slowly waiting to feel God's grace, lying down in a solitary place. Simply staring at the cream white wall, the old woman's life can only stall. An oxygen tank hooked to her head; her family alread left her for dead. Empty words that only space fill, to live is a slowly depleating will. Knowing her days are limited to some, she prays her family will at least once come.
Words of a Silent Soldier

My grandfather died in a retirement home. Before you ask; No, we didn't abandon him, however I saw many people there who were abandoned by their loved ones. After seeing the looks on their faces, it would be an insult to them to not share this.

AWonders GOLD said...
on Jan. 24 2011 at 7:09 am
AWonders GOLD, Johnstown, Pennsylvania

Sorry. Another typing fail. There's supposed to be a whole (bland) line between the first "Words of a Silent Soldier" and "While simply waiting to feel God's grace". I realize how I wrote this is kind of weird (in paragraph form instead of per line) but please read it anyway. :P