Keep it a secret

Don't tell anyone
Don't say it out loud
Keep it to yourself
Because it must be safe and sound

I hold you against your word
Don't lie to me
Don't tell anybody, please
Just listen and you'll see

You must keep it a secret
Nobody can know
Please keep it hush hush
And get down low

Shh, shh don't let anyone hear
Quick! Check behind!
Come closer, closer
Actually, never mind

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 27, 2011 at 6:39 am
Yes, I love that last line. Haha. I thought you were going to spurge some secret or something. This was really good! :)

GangstaEyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Haha I like this a lot :) you get so curious as you read, and are anticipating it then - nevermind :) nice work!

ohmakemeover This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This seemed really fun and silly and sing-songy to me.  Very cute!

yellowflower said...
I love the last line! Until it you are thinking that the poem is going to go a certain way and then all of a sudden the mood changes, it really gives it full impact! I can also totally relate to this, people always do the same thing to me!

musicispassion said...
great poem i hope u keep writing and i agree with redhaircat i like the build up to never mind :P

redhairCat This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Ha! The last line was great! You really build the poem up well for the last line!

krarthurs said...
I love the suspense and how in the end it's a big flop. It made me laugh because this type of stuff always happens to me. Good job (:

BrielleM-JustAnotherOwl- said...
I loved it! (: Nice poetry ( I would write a longer comment, but I'm saving those for your other poems).

EmilyGram said...
haha very relatable :) so true!

Raytheraym said...
:) I love it! It's so true. Very well written.

CharlesDickens said...
This is a great poem!  I love how you worded this!

Hazel-daisy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
thank you, i wrote this when i was in one of my thinking phases...i go through them a lot!! And well i came up with this, i'm glad you liked it!!

SpringRayyn said...
Oooh, I love it! I like the way you rhymed things here, and I like the last line a lot too.