The End

I stood at the edge of our grove, staring intently at the maroon sunset. As I looked, I thought of all that was coming to an end in my life. School was almost over, my girlfriend had broken up with me and all my friends were getting licenses. It had seemed like everyone was leaving me behind.
As I stared at the darkening horizon I felt as if my life was coming to an end as well. Twitch and Molly, my two dogs, were running around, playing tag while the bats were fluttering around and catching their evening meals.
After standing there for nearly fifteen minutes, lost in thought, I noticed Twitch was also sitting next to me. However, she wasn’t staring at the sunset as I, she was looking the opposite direction. It took me a few minutes, but I finally realized what she was doing. She was watching the coming of the night, instead of the ending of the day. As I pondered this, I realized that every ending has a new beginning and instead of standing there and watching the end approach, look ahead to the new beginning that awaits you on the other side. I walked back home with a new outlook on life and thanked God for all the endings that were coming my way and prayed for the best of the beginnings.
The Beginning