Be strong now | Teen Ink

Be strong now

By PinkyPoo BRONZE, Jacksonville, Florida
PinkyPoo BRONZE, Jacksonville, Florida

"Don't doubt yourself. Just do it."

I told you things because I trusted you, because I though you cared enough about me to keep it to yourself. But I guess I can just add that to the list of things I was wrong about…I was wrong about you. But when you broke my heart and left me in pieces to pick it all up again, something inside me changed. I’m still the same girl…same brown hair, brown eyes, medium height girl; but what you did to me changed my whole mentality. I’m cautious about love because now that my heart’s in pieces, I know how much it hurts. I know how many nights I’ve stayed awake crying, I know how many times my thoughts have come to you and I’ve had to bite my lip to keep from crying over you. Now I understand that life turns upside down every once in a while. When I finally thought I was at the top of the world, I found myself looking up from the bottom of a deep pit; when I thought I had finally found the one who made me feel amazing, it was all a lie. Yet, deep in my heart, you breaking my heart has taught me to stay strong and smile in the worst of situations. I never knew I could make it through that pain, but I did; I have made it through. In the end, “You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only thing you can do.”

I'm always forced to face difficult situations with people in my life, some of them hurt more then others