Speak | Teen Ink

Speak

By hanbanann4501 GOLD, Wakeman, Ohio
hanbanann4501 GOLD, Wakeman, Ohio

laugh with friends, love with all of your heart and live life to the fullest. You never know when your first chance could be your last to make mistakes.

The names that others think of running through my brain, holding back the tears and fighting back the pain. No matter what I do the revolting irritating words just keep bouncing through my body. contemplating whether or not I should turn around and say something about the remarks they make while I have my back turned. Sometimes I wonder why the names they call me get deep into my heart and make me ache from the hurt they cause in my soul. Unwanted, ugly, stupid, whore, lesbo, retard, unneeded, worthless, don't why your here, don't care about your feelings, don't want anything to do with you. All of these things can mean so many things to those others who get picked on or messed with. sometimes I think about ending it all and never turning back to reveal my true feelings. As I walk through the hall my blood starts to boil from all of the taunting things that run through the hall like whispers in the dark with a spot light on my face. can't hold it in anymore and start to cry, people see and even more remarks come out. "STOP CALLING ME THAT!!!!" suddenly shoots out of my mouth and echoes down the crowded hallway. as the sound waves reach the end of the hall they all stop and stare. I turn and walk away not quite knowing what came over me. Gently, I smile.

I wrote this to help those who know what it feels like to have people talk about you behind your back. I just wanted to get it out there to say that I understand what you are going through and it's ok to let your true feelings show.