Inside

To you, I reach out,
Help me from this place.
Grab my hand, now,
Steal me from this haze.

Help me live,
Save my live.
Help me outlive,
This sacrafice.

Bring me back to live,
My heart is too cold.
I'm dead inside,
Or so I've been told.

Save me, please.
I need to be released.

drowning-in-sorrow said...
I really like this. I can relate to the whole thing about how your mom makes you feel like you're in a cage. Not a good feeling but you did a wonderful job expressing it.  :) 

KellyJeanH replied...
Awahh, thank you so much. Me and my mom don't have a relationship anymore because whenever we talk, we fight. It's deffinately not a good feeling. But, thank you :)

KellyJeanH said...

Save my life**

Not

Save my live

Sorry, typo.

anon. said...
Jan. 18, 2011 at 7:45 am

great work!

my school has recently made this program where they will publish good short stories and poetry. i am in desperate need of a storyline since my deadline is fast approaching. could you please tell me what inspired you to write this poem. i am trying to find rich substances and raw emotions to create something from and i think pain and loneliness is something most of us can relate to. it would mean a lot to me if you could tell us whata this poem is about and what inspired you... (more »)

KellyJeanH replied...

Hi.

First off, thank you for reading and posting a comment.

Second, this is mainly about being isolated by loneliness, almost like being locked in a cage, and desperately wanting to be saved by someone, anyone. It doesn't matter who, just having this feeling of needing to be saved.

I wrote this because my mother makes me feel like I'm in a cage, just by the things she says to me. She makes me live in loneliness and pain. And, this kind of reflects how I feel about th... (more »)

lanna said...
thats very good(:

KellyJeanH replied...
Thankss for commenting