Goodbye | Teen Ink

Goodbye

By A_Jean PLATINUM, Citrus Heights, California
A_Jean PLATINUM, Citrus Heights, California

"we all carry these things inside that no one else can see. they hold us down like anchors and they drown us out at sea."
"i'm trying to figure out which parts of my personality are mine and which ones I created to please you"

As we leave, we look back
We reminisce upon the past
Remembering all the things we did
All the memories we'll always have

We laugh at our stupidity
We talk about the future
We know we'll always have each other
Forever in our hearts

We dream of where we'll go
Of the new friends we will make
We think about new experiences
And new memories we'll create

We hug and say goodbye
For now we begin to write
The new chapter of our lives
And it starts with this goodbye.

I was thinking about graduating from the school I went to my whole life and leaving all my friends to go to high school.

jadamson said...
on Feb. 3 2011 at 3:58 am
Wow!!!! This is marvelous!  I am so proud of you!  What talent!

Aunt Julie said...
on Jan. 27 2011 at 4:13 pm
Alyse, That was fabulous!  You have so many wonderful talents!  I would like to share this with the teachers at my school and beyond.  (if that's ok) We have many goodbyes each year and your poem says it all! (Aunt J)

Reanna said...
on Jan. 27 2011 at 11:21 am
Alyse, I love you! Keep up the awesome work! <3

on Jan. 20 2011 at 10:59 pm

I am glad that you found some comfort in my poem and am flattered that you want to share it with your friends and family. I love writing and it means a lot when people appreciate it. I am sorry about your loss.

Love,

Alyse

Miss Liz said...
on Jan. 20 2011 at 10:41 pm

Alyse,

A dear friend of mine past away this week. He was 90 years old and his life journey was well traveled so the tears I cry for him are tears of missing him in my journey of life but knowing he has a journey of his own to take.

"And we hug and say good bye, for now we begin to write, the new chapter of our lives."

God bless you for the comfort you have given me in this time of sorrow. I will read this at his memorial on Sunday with your permission.

Love to you, long time friend Alyse.

Miss Liz

Mr. M said...
on Jan. 20 2011 at 1:03 am
Alyse - What a great way to say goodbye!  You realize that the end of one adventure is just the beginning of the next.  Very well spoken.  Keep up the great work. 

on Jan. 19 2011 at 5:36 pm
We are so proud of you and what you wrote.  Keep up the good work.  We will be watching for more. 

Shemp Howard said...
on Jan. 19 2011 at 3:38 pm
Wow.  Very spare and evocative.  I liked that very much.

SMoniz said...
on Jan. 19 2011 at 3:27 pm
Very nicely done,Alyse! Proud to say I taught you!

Sherry said...
on Jan. 19 2011 at 3:27 pm
That is beautiful, Alyse!

george said...
on Jan. 19 2011 at 1:09 pm
Alyse, beautifully done!  You have been blessed with a very special talent.  Good luck to you!

jprox said...
on Jan. 19 2011 at 11:57 am
Alyse - You are such a talented writer!  I loved it.

chris said...
on Jan. 19 2011 at 11:13 am
Alyse, great job!  I wanted to give you 5 stars, but only one popped up-and it said thanks!  Can that be fixed?  Hope so-Came from your soul and that says alot! Very  Creative!

Shelly said...
on Jan. 19 2011 at 11:02 am
Alyse, fantastic writing! 

Nina said...
on Jan. 19 2011 at 10:19 am
What a wonderful approach to that new chapter!  Excellent writing!