I know you saw

I know you saw me
When nobody else would
You saw me
And turned away

The Hurt I felt
The loneliness I felt
And the weakness
I know you saw

You left me to die
You saw the final teardrop in my eye
That nobody else saw
But I know you saw it

I still remember that day
The day you couldn't bear to help
That day, is the only day I still remember 
Which Is why I can't forget it

That is what finally killed me
That last ever memory of you
You couldn't do it
But, I know you saw

GangstaEyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
You definitely accomplished what you set out to do! This is very well written- sad but relatable and deserving of attention! I have one with the same kind of feel called "This?- This Is Nothing At All" if a little darker. :P

ohmakemeover This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
As a girl who knows surviviors of abuse, this was really heartbreaking.  I hope you eventually got the help you deserve.

Hazel-daisy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
thanks :) and i did :)

musicispassion said...
once again great poem it has great meaning good job

Raytheraym said...
Very...deep. I like it! Lots of meaning.

CharlesDickens said...
This is a really sad poem.  Don't get me wrong, that's actually a good thing, making the reader feel emotion, but it's sad.

thank you for commenting on all my poems, as you probably already know, my poems all have different moods and well thats really because of when i write them. This is a sad poem because i wrote it when i was sad...but i'm happy you liked it!! :)

SpringRayynThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
That is so deep. Amazing. I like it a lot, it like nearly brought tears to my face.

Coffee said...
Jan. 22, 2011 at 11:07 am
I like this a lot!!! I like how it doesn't straight out tell you what their trying to say, but it's understandable too. It's one of those poems a lot of people can relate to because it's vague, but meaningful. :)

lovelycheese said...
I really like this poem. I have to say. Really good. There isn't much I would change about this (other than capitalizing the title). It's perfect. I really like it. I can totally relate to this. Awesome. Five stars, great job.