An Electric Current, Dancing Lips, Flushed Cheeks, Bold Grins :) This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

How do you describe this thing that happens between us –?
And why is it called a kiss?
When happiness overflows,
And more than perfection exists.

The chemistry and friction
Electrical energy in between,
Drawing us together like magnets
Or some other force, unseen.

Your lips on mine, and mine on yours,
Making up for time spent apart,
Dancing a well-choreographed number
To the beat of each other’s heart.

My cheeks flush with happiness
As your hand caresses my face,
And I pull you tight against me
Closing that unnecessary space.

We break apart and I smile
And you return the grin,
I weave my fingers through yours
And let the aftereffects begin.

Made up of an electric current, dancing lips, flushed cheeks and bold smiles?
Why is it called a kiss?
Maybe because there’s simply no shorter word
To label this uncontrollable bliss.

ThisGirlWillMakeMistakes said...
I totally love this and it rhymes!(: i don't know why you said you suck at rhyming because this is better than anything i have ever wrote!

GangstaEyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 22, 2011 at 10:53 am
Whoa whoa whoa.. Lets not get crazy :P This is NOT better than anything you've ever written. Puh-lease. Haha thanks tho :P

ellyn-bo-bellyn said...
Feb. 24, 2011 at 10:24 am

This is just plain beautiful. I lalalove it!!!!  It's one of your best!

God bless! :D

alanacarlene said...

oh.....m...gee.....! Alex! This was sooooo beautiful! definately my favorite from you now! I really really felt:

Your lips on mine, and mine on yours,
Making up for time spent apart,
Dancing a well-choreographed number
To the beat of each other’s heart.

I could see and hear and feel that stanza! and i also absolutely love the last stanza! those were my favorites! gosh i can't describe how great this poem is!!!

"Why is it called a kiss? Maybe becu... (more »)

Haha. Thanks so much! I actually started this a LONG time ago, but there wasn't any real feeling in it so I just saved it.... Lets just say now I recently experienced some feelings I could put into it :)

alanacarlene replied...
awwww haha so how are yall doin? still goin strong?!

Really good :) Yep still goin strong :D I'm really happy. Its nice to like someone and KNOW they like you back as much or more than you like them, ya know? Knowing the feelings are returned.. :) It was never like that with a certain someone else...

How are you? Hows your situation going?

alanacarlene replied...
well the guy i'm crazy about either hates me for what i did to him or is scared to get his heart broken again. i just wish he knew how i felt about him. he gives me butterflies and make my heart skip a beat when i see him and (corny alert) makes it hard to walk cuz he kinda makes my knees weak lol! but i saw this thing (which is now the background on my computer) that says "Never give up something you can't go a day without thinking about." so i'm not giving up on him...i'll wait...

Aww :) Well I REALLY hope it works out for you :) And thats a GREAT quote!!