Love Cover | Teen Ink

Love Cover

By clarinetfreak1 SILVER, Clemons, New York
clarinetfreak1 SILVER, Clemons, New York

you turn to me, i turn away from you..you ended we.
~Douglas Hollen~

"Everyone is always talking about wanting to stay young forever but what people don't realize is what a privilege it is to grow old with somebody"

I know we haven't seen eachother in a while, now and I haven't forgotten you yet.
Flash of the past, feel the pain.
What have I done, everything to disappoint me. I can last, you can't break me away from him. I want to see you, I haven't got the time to waste. Don't put me in "my place" - my place is in your heart. We are no more, we can't play this way anymore, for I have a life now, you don't have my say. I feel like I'm falling, but I don't want you to catch me. Let me fall and superman will come watch me. I swallowed a rainbow with no colour and drank dry rain for you- to see my life be wasted. I won't survive to tell you that I loved kissing you in the rain. The twinkle in his eyes makes me miss him already. If I say my last good-bye will I regret saying anything. I wish I told you sooner, but I love you and I'm sorry I wasted my time on him, trying to cover up that I still am in love with you. <3 :(

i was in bed (supposed to be sleeping) with my radio on really low. I used a few lyrics for ideas. This has nothing to do with my life (most of my poems don't) but i liked the idea of the story. This girl likes this boy that she's been dating a lot, but she's dating him to cover that she really loves her ex she has been dating for a really long time. She doesn't know what to do and commits suicide and refuses to be saved from anybody. She never got to tell the boy she loved the truth or the boyfriend why she left. She just disappeared without anybody knowing how.