He Falls Out Of...

Studying the inside of his lids,
He sees the thick cloud of
Dark locks swaying in the night,
And watches her smile shed rays of light.
He smiles at the indulgence his ears meet,
Hearing her voice so soft and sweet.
Feeling her hand reaching out to him –
A warm sensation reaching out to him.
Expecting her soft touch, he’s pushed!
off a cliff to the bottom he’s rushed.
Just as he’s about to hit the bottom,
His eyes fly open,
And he falls out of…
His dreams.

HasntWrittenInAgesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i like the sense of "oh, you were in love with her? too bad. its just a dream. oh, well.guess you can go back to your miserable life now." yeah..love that. (no sarcasm)

alanacarlene replied...
Jan. 8, 2011 at 9:33 am
Haha thanks yeah but i'm not sure why i wrote it as a guy having the dream to be honest ha

HasntWrittenInAgesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
hey, it works. it might be better than what youre suggesting.

alanacarlene replied...
yeaaaah that's true

GangstaEyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 7, 2011 at 8:33 am
I like this a lot! I've had dreams like this often... Great writing!! 

alanacarlene replied...
Thanks haha yea i had this beautiful dream and i was wearing a gown that Belle wore in beauty and the beast and i was dancing and we were about to kiss and my mom woke me up to tell me she was going to walmart! ahhh i was like momma no! leave me alone! haha

GangstaEyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Lmao XD haha. Dang! Don't you hate that? Then you try to go back to sleep and pick it up again but the dream won't come back? Haha.

alanacarlene replied...
Jan. 8, 2011 at 9:29 am
Oooooh yeah! Studies say that if you stay in the same position you woke up in from having your dream that if you relax and close your eyes you can continue it but i always forget to do that by the time im in a completely different position!