If I Could, I Would | Teen Ink

If I Could, I Would

By AngelaNonny BRONZE, Milpitas, California
AngelaNonny BRONZE, Milpitas, California

If I could, I would climb up Mount Everest and jump off just to show you how hard I fell for you.

If I could, I would take your hand and put it inside my stomach so you could feel the wings of the butterflies that only come out when you’re around me.

If I could, I would attach a “like” button to your face so I could press it every time I see you.

If I could, I would count all the stars in the sky and multiply it by 4.08 x 10^8 just to give you a rough estimate as to how many times you’ve made me smile.

If I could, I would give you earphones and connect them to my chest so that you could hear the melodies my heartbeats have placed ever since the day you called me yours.

If I could, I would make anti-anxiety pills into a gas and then spray it around my house just so you don’t always have to be so nervous around my parents.

If I could, I would make my skin the only thing you weren’t allergic to so that every time you touched another girl, you’d break out in hives.

If I could, I would be your ex-girlfriend’s role model so that I could do everything she only wished she could. Like love you.

If I could, I would turn my eyes into mirrors so that every time you looked into them, you’d see the safety I feel whenever I stare at you.

And if I could, I would grow enough courage to admit that all of these words were actually written about you.