Lights and a Shadow

By , Papillion, NE
When I walk by the hallways step by step, one by one, I stare at everyone’s face, and even thou some smile, they have other things in their minds.
I feel a shadow in the light
In the street, at the mall, there is always a person that makes you mad. And when you turn around and then you see that hot guy and then realize he has a girl hanging on his arm.
I feel a shadow in the light
Even thou I have friends, I feel lonely, it’s not the same
I feel a shadow in the light
My parents see me, accusing and interpreting my actions ten times worse than they really are
I feel a shadow in the light
They look at my brother, his second name is success, and they are happy and proud. When they look at me, my second name is failure, not even the good grades make them happy, they complain
I feel a shadow in the light
And as a shadow doesn’t exit in the light, I feel lonely in the back of my head, where the true e is hiding, and the truth hiding so no one can see what is hiding beneath.
I certainly am a shadow in the light

racquel123 said...
i love you poem its very relatable but i didn't really understand the ending.

DD_Yellow replied...

"And as a shadow doesn’t exit in the light, I feel lonely in the back of my head, where the true me is hiding, and the truth is hiding so no one can see what is hiding beneath.
I certainly am a shadow in the light"

this simply means that as there are no shadows when there is light, i feel like i dont exist. how im so afraid of being who i am that i dont really feel like a 0 to the right. im hiding. and im sorry if i vant help more, im from mexico and my english is not the b... (more »)