If You Knew I Was Dying Would It Change You? | Teen Ink

If You Knew I Was Dying Would It Change You?

By clarinetfreak1 SILVER, Clemons, New York
clarinetfreak1 SILVER, Clemons, New York

you turn to me, i turn away from you..you ended we.
~Douglas Hollen~

"Everyone is always talking about wanting to stay young forever but what people don't realize is what a privilege it is to grow old with somebody"

Would you change your life, turn your personality, find your soul if you knew I was dying.
If you could change your life and make everything right would you? Do you ever regret? Have you wanted to go back and change something in the past, then think of who you would be now?
If you knew I was dying would it change you? If you knew I was dying would it change you?
If someday you woke up and thought about life with him or her how would you change? Could you change? Even if someone unimportant to you died, would that make you think twice?
Who are you? Have you changed? Have I after your death? Nothing will be the same without you...

in this piece, I want you to think. Imagine life if someone you know died. Could you change? I acted as if someone important to me died and I changed and that without them I had nobody there to tell me right or wrong. This could happen at any given moment and sometimes you need to be more aware of that.