Who am I | Teen Ink

Who am I

By bubbles657 BRONZE, Fresno, California
bubbles657 BRONZE, Fresno, California

"SURF YOUR OWN WAVE"

Who am I?Am i the face in the mirror or the refection of a thing that was once a person?Or am I the sweet dreams of children and the light that wakes the dark the sound that disturbs the silence and the movement that frightens the stillness.Who am I? I am time and space,light and dark,movement and stillness,sound and mute

Am me

In this piece i think i put in the question that all of us,teens ask who am i, why am i here,and where am i.And it can feel like no one understands what is going on and like your alone inthe darkness

SophiaCross SILVER, Plattsburgh, New York

To love, to be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and vulgar disparity of the life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never to forget.”

This is really deep. It is true, that teens ask who they are, and your answers are also true.

JessicaJ BRONZE, Tallmadge, Ohio

My favorite quote is when Christopher Robin said to Pooh "Promise my you'll always remember, you are braver than you believe, stronger than you feel, and smarter than you think."

This is really good and I agree with you most people don't find out who they really are until they die. Sometimes I feel as if no one will stand by me, as if I have no army to protect me and I have to stand alone frail and weak. I really liked your poem. :)