Time! | Teen Ink

Time!

Time goes by fast. You see one thing, than another. You can’t control it. You can only control how much time goes into that thing. It’s either you see it everyday or not at all. There’s no in between when it comes to time. It’s like with you son or daughter. You see them everyday since they were born. You spend all you time devoted to you child. All that time goes by fast. One minute they have to be cradled in your arms, the next, their off in school learning how to read and write. Their all ready talking and walking. Time is a lightning bolt. You see the streak of light then it goes away. No trail to follow. Nothing. It’s history. Never to be seen again. Only by you memories. Everything is in our minds. Wether it be good or bad. We like to remember the good things in our life, but bad things will always be apart of your life too. It’s what makes you, you. Time goes by fast.

I'm 14 living in Maine. I believe you have to live you life to the fullest and be yourself.

Rebecca Peterson, Freeport, Maine
What a lovely piece reflecting on time!  I love the metaphor that "time is a lightning bolt"--beautiful.  I can't wait to read more!