fly away | Teen Ink

fly away

December 7, 2010
By hanbanann4501 GOLD, Wakeman, Ohio
hanbanann4501 GOLD, Wakeman, Ohio
16 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
laugh with friends, love with all of your heart and live life to the fullest. You never know when your first chance could be your last to make mistakes.


spreading my long silky white feathered wings.
taking to the dark blue starry ocean night sky.
the cold wind flowing over my face like the glorious breath of an angel.
the smell of the smooth cool air running through my lungs.
flying away to some place wonderful, some place different, some place i can call my own.
faster and faster i fly until i hear the rasping sounds of waves crashing against the rough rocks down below.
floating lower and lower until my small cold feet touch the warm crisp sand that lies beneath the clear blue whisping water.
flowing back and forth up against my toes.
the smell of the salt, the smell of being free.
never again will i find such a place so like me.
so suttle yet so warming and home- like. this is my wherever place, as i fly far far away.


The author's comments:
i wrote this poem when my uncle jason died in 2001, i finally decided to share it with the rest of the world. i had hoped that by writing this poem it might have given me some kind of peace of mind about his sudden death and where he might be spending eternity. i hope it brings warmth to anybody who reads it.