You showed me how

You showed me how
To read and write 
You showed me how
To sleep at night

You showed me how
To dance and sing
You showed me how 
To praise the king

You showed me how
To laugh and smile
You showed me how 
To run a mile

You showed me how
To study and learn
You showed me how 
To swing and turn

You showed me everything 
And now it's my turn
You showed me everything
And I have learned

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This flows really well. I love it! :)

Hazel-daisy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
thanks! :) 

GangstaEyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is super sweet :) Good flow and repetition!

thanks :)            

musicispassion said...
i love the repition u use in ur poems who's this about a bf or gf, sibiling,parent what? i enjoyed

thanks so much! em its kind of about an ideal mother or father, like the perfect parents! 

BrielleM-JustAnotherOwl- said...
It's simple and sweet and I absolutely adore it! (: The last stanza is a bit...flat. And the way you break up the stanza's can be a bit choppy, but maybe that's the way you intended it, so it doesn't really matter! Anyway, really, really sweet and it seems to have a personal meaning, so it just makes it that much better! Great work! (:

Mayim12 said...
GOOD JOB!!!!!!!!!!!

DaughterofEvil said...
I liked it as well. And as for your last line, I interpreted it as that person showed you so much, now you want to show them how to do things too. Anyways, good job. 4/5

CharlesDickens said...
I really ejoyed this poem, (I tend to like more happy, or nature-centered poems :D)  This is really great!

Medina D. said...

the poem is so simple but meaningful at once

And it also sounds like the person showed you everything good in life!! :D very cute, very nice

SpringRayynThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I don't understand what you mean by the line "And now it's my turn". I like it though, it's simple but it makes sense.

First i would like to thank you for commenting on a lot of my work! Well what I meant by it was sort of like and now its my turn to showed people the things they have showed me, if that makes sense? Anyway thanks again :D

SpringRayynThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oh I get it now! Thanks for clearing that up, and your welcome. I like commenting on people's work that comment on my stuff too.

alex_gold said...
I could tell that this poem has a personal meaning to you! It may be simple, but it is good! That is what matters! Great work!

thedegraded This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

This poem is very simple, but I really like it! It had a nice little beat to it, if you say it aloud, even if everything doesn't rhyme. I especially love that in a poem. That ending to the last staza is kind of a dead beat though. We expect something climatic, but instead you return us to the "learning" aspect when the narrorator is ready for something more. Otherwise, I think it's perfect.

Cheers!

AshTree said...

I think this is a cute poem. The last line was a little off-beat though. I still think it is nice and I like how you went from you showed me how to you showed me everything. I think this would be even better if lengthened. Because you could describe in greater detail. On the other hand I too like the simplicity of it and the meaning.

No matter what, this is a poem anyone would love on valentine's day.

Coffee said...
It was very sweet, and I liked it a lot. :)

stubborn411 replied...
This is very cute. I would totally send this to my mom or something. Good Job

OriginalCarbonation said...
Jan. 2, 2011 at 1:07 am

i like the idea of this, so sweet. i am curious though, the phase "praise the king" is that something deeper or is it really just praising he king?

as much as i like the meaning of this poem though, it seems a little superficial in the ways you describe it, even though i sense much more profound details lying just beneath the surface. try writing something similair. begin by just writing a long list as quickly as they come to you, then you have something to work with to rephrase and su... (more »)