Afraid

I'm afraid of the truth that haunts my present state.
I'm afraid of sharing my true feelings.
Afraid that once I speak the truth everyone that loves me will evaporate.
Afraid that I'll be all alone to face my demons inside me.
I'm afraid to be alone.
Afraid that I'll think to much.
Afraid that I'll take my life into and even more silent world.
I'm afraid there's not enough time for everyone, for everything.
I'm afraid to be alone for I will hear the silents inside me.

MumblingMelanie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

Once again, I can feel your passion behind the words. I particularly like the line:

"I'm afraid there's not enough time for everyone, for everything."

It's so very honest and makes me wonder myself.

And, like last time, a few lines aren't crafted with the best English, but still lovely :)

ashleyn said...
Apr. 7, 2011 at 10:32 am
I liked it but I noticed a few mistakes in there so please don't mind my slightly constructive critiscm. So the last line is basically the only thing that bugged me shouldn't it be, "...I will here the *silence* inside me"? just throwing that out there but it's your poem and ultimately with you yourself being the author you get to make the decisions on whether or not to change it. But I did really like it because it's relatable and people understand what you're talking about. Keep Writing! (:

Almost_Lover replied...
Jul. 6, 2012 at 7:13 am
Yeah I just noticed that but I have a problem with skipping letters in words or plain out mispelling. But that happens because the only time I write is when I cant handle something or need a "let-out". And thank you for your feed back I think I'll go through poems before I post so people will understand it more. :)

pinkypromise23 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
sometimes silence is the scariest thing ever.

Love_Is_Love said...
Jan. 17, 2011 at 11:04 am
Pretty really good :)

LaShay_25 replied...
Jan. 17, 2011 at 11:35 am
aww thanks :)