Summer-flowered Wallpaper

We danced together in that light warm room,
With the summer-flowered wallpaper blooms.
Laughing, smiling, and twirling with the daisies,
Not thinking at all about the maybes.
Like Black-Eyed Susies, our eyes would meet,
And that’s when you would sweep me off my feet.
Your eyes were as bright as the sunflowers –
Soft but warmer with every hour.
But, as winter kills all summer flowers bright,
Our love was next for winter to smite.
Never again – together – will be dance in that room,
With all the summer-flowered wallpaper blooms,
Because winter came – a cold cloaked caper –
And darkened that summer-flowered wallpaper.

GangstaEyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 24, 2010 at 11:46 am
Wow Alana! The imagery and comparisons you used are fantastic! I loooooove this a lot - it paints such a beautiful picture in my mind of two people dancing and twirling in love, in sync with flowers on the wall that are swaying too somehow. AMAZING!!!!

alanacarlene replied...
Haha thanks!!!!! I'm sooo happy you liked it!!! This is one of my personal favorites of mine i'm not sure why it just is! But thank you again!!!! haas anything new of yours been posted???? and a Merry Christmas to you!!!!

GangstaEyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I know, theres just something about it.... :) Merry Christmas to you too!! Uhg. One I submitted forever ago is STILL pending, and I submitted like 4 yesterday.... Bleh. Its taking forever for that one though! :/

alanacarlene replied...
Haha! You crack me up! Yeah it took forever for like 3 or 4 of mine to get posted then all of a sudden they got posted all at the same time i was like whoa! haha but I'll keep an eye out for your new poems!!!

Haha thanks Alana! Merry Christmas! :)

JSchwartz replied...
Dec. 27, 2010 at 12:29 am
This is awesome alana, the imagery completely comes out. And comparing flowers to moods only increases the flow of the poem. Nice job.

alanacarlene replied...
Thank you so much! I'm glad you like it. yeah there's just sumthin about flowers in a poem i lik!