Wouldn't It Be Nice

Wouldn’t it be nice
Wouldn’t it be nice
If we could dance
And not be judged
Or if we could sleep
And dream of a nice place called reality
Wouldn’t it be nice
If I could take as much time as I want
On anything I want
And love you
Without complications
Wouldn’t it be nice
If there was no temptation
Just good
Or if I could eat what I want
And stay the same size
Wouldn’t it be nice
If we were all good at everything
And if we could yell
And it became music
But what kind of world would that be
A place where we couldn’t grow
Couldn’t learn from our mistakes
Couldn’t learn to be better
And gain willpower
To avoid the temptation
Yes, our world isn’t perfect
But it’s all we’ve got
And we have to make the best of it

youngspeare said...
Sept. 12, 2012 at 2:44 am:
Totally AWEsome! It would have been nice to have all that but you're right we'd never get a chance to learn or to grow or to know. Your perspective on the world is unusual but amazing! 
5 stars :) 
Please check out my poem Ghosts of the Past and comment/rate? I would really appreciate your insight. 
And keep posting! 

Dancing2222This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:09 pm :
Thank you so much! This was actually one of the first poems I've ever written and I'm really surprised at how many people like it. I will definitely check out yours!

AnnoymousThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 27, 2012 at 2:13 pm:
this was such a great poem ! :)

Feb. 29, 2012 at 12:11 pm :
Thank you!!!

AlwaysDanceInTheRain said...
The theme of this poem is very similar to one I wrote called wander! It's very good, I especially like the part about dreaming of a place called reality. Nicely done

Nov. 12, 2011 at 8:31 pm :
Thank you!! I will definetely check out your poem! Thank you so much for the feedback!

atimm2013 said...
I really like the possitive perspective of life you reveal in this story. The world would be so much better if more people thought like this and lived by those last three lines of this poem!

Dancing2222This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Thank you! That means a lot to me!

cupcake97 said...
I love the perspective and after thought of how we all wish the world could be, even at times. And how if it were that way we would miss out on so much of our lives. It is through failure that we grow and learn. Love the poem!

Aug. 21, 2011 at 9:55 pm :
Thank you so much! I wrote this poem because I was so sick and tired of people complaining about simple problems or certain situations that we cant control.