Of Me | Teen Ink

Of Me

By shybuthappy GOLD, Perris, California
shybuthappy GOLD, Perris, California

Even if you are at the bottom, there is nowhere to go but up.

My parents disapprove of me, of all my quirks, as if they were grievous mistakes I were making on purpose, that I could “fix” in a wink.
They don’t like too much of my presence, they don’t like too much emotion. According to them, the more emotion I show, the more I “exaggerate” whatever I’m doing. They say I should stop embarrassing myself, when I see they want to say, “stop embarrassing us”

So? I don’t want to “fix” these things about me, because their of me, part of who I am. All my flaws and strange quirks, that my family and friends would wish away, they bring out the best of me. They don’t want me though. They want a hollow tin solider who makes them look good.

Fine. I will survive, though, by nursing everything in me, every flaw and quirk I love about myself. My mom thinks I need pills, but only so she can scoop my head empty and have the hollow tin solider they all always wanted in my place.

For all those who suffer like this, like me.

RaveFire PLATINUM, Vancouver, Washington

"Sometimes You Have To Give Up Your Life To Save It." ~some book that i don't remember the name of

"Live Life Like There's No Yesterday" ~ random billboard

"If No One Can Hurt You, Then Nobody Loves You" ` ~ Kerli?

umm its scary how well i can relate.....this is very powerful. i realy like it