The Lover and the Liar | Teen Ink

The Lover and the Liar

November 18, 2010
By briannebohrman SILVER, Bethel, Connecticut
briannebohrman SILVER, Bethel, Connecticut
6 articles 2 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If God is the DJ, then life is the dance floor, love is the rhythm, and you are the music." -P!NK

"I know how it feels, filling in the blanks and looking to the bright side when there is no bright side."


I'm content to your lies, even though they burn with passion. I'm subject to your attention though it troubles me so. I crave the thought of you but despise your intention. I''m paranoid about your arrogance, yet I come back for more. This is a learning experience, or so I tell myself. This isn't the first time I've played with fire. Truth is, I'm attracted to its burn. I wake myself up every morning to cry myself to sleep. The whimpers ease my polluted mind to its dreaming state of a hopeless joy. And I still can not restrain myself from your hold. Rather my own hold, the hold that my stubborn heart has taken over my mind, my reality, my everything, my nothing. Your stare leaves me speechless without words that ever existed in the first place. I'm perceived as naive. But this statement of false accusations will prove you wrong.


The author's comments:
First of all, I am aware that this poem has the same title as the Chiodo's song, but I did think this title suits the poem very well. And Secondly, this poem is a result of about four months of writer's block and I had the inspiration but couldn't put it into words until about a half an hour ago when I wrote this in about 15-20 minutes.