Ribbons of Sadness

Ribbons of sadness
Broken glass
A smile
A kiss
A whisper of love
Mean nothing.
Nothing at all.
Shattered dreams
Broken hearts
Stolen souls
Lost and never found.

Who sees upon that pretty face
A person who feels the pain?
Who sees within those big eyes
The sorrow that the world can bring?

Dew drops
Sweet honeysuckle
A caressing breeze blows by.
Forgotten
Alone
A single leaf
Flutters down to the ground
Without a whisper
Without a sound
Without a tear.

TheWrittenMe said...
Feb. 11, 2012 at 3:34 pm:
This was utterly amazing, I loved the title and the way you put so much meaning into every word. I can't wait to read more of your work.

greenday21luvsbilliejoe said...
Feb. 3, 2011 at 11:51 am:

beautiful poem

...PensiveGurl...This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 3, 2011 at 6:35 pm :
thank you =)

SpringRayynThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is really good! I like how you spaced it a lot. I like your title a lot, it's what made me want to read this poem. My favorite part that you wrote was "A whisper of love mean nothing. Nothing at all. Shattered drams broken hearts stolen souls lost and never found."

Jan. 17, 2011 at 11:09 pm :
thanks so much, i really appreciate your comment!

purple_ashes said...
I agree with healing_angel. Once you think about it, no one really looks past a mask. rarely do you find people with enough heart to do this. I enjoyed the poem. great work.

Dec. 29, 2010 at 7:07 pm :
Thanks a lot purple_ashes!

Healing_Angel This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like the reference to seeing beyond the mask. It makes you wonder how many people take the time to do it. This is well written. I like it.

Dec. 17, 2010 at 7:11 pm :
thank you ^-^