The Betrayal | Teen Ink

The Betrayal

When I close my eyes I see His face... the face that was distorted with anger and hate...I can hear His swwet, gentle, deep, soothing voice... the voice that turned hard, cold, and poisonous...I can feel His soft callused hands... the hands that left big, ugly, purple bruises... I can see His althetic, coarse legs... the legs that broke ribs... I can see His electric blue eyes... the eyes that held the grudge, the pain, the anger, the hate... The Betrayal.

What inspired me to write this piece was something kind of similar that happened to one of my best friends for many, many years without anyone knowing.

EmmaLeeGee said...
on Dec. 19 2010 at 1:53 am
EmmaLeeGee, Winnipeg, Other

"when you're in love you can't fall asleep because reality is better than your dreams." dr.suess

wow, short but touching. i loved it :)

on Dec. 14 2010 at 9:30 am
KingReject SILVER, Gueydan, Louisiana
This poem is excellent, and It's thoughtful for you to give recognition to one of your friends like that, even if they dont know you did it. Five stars.

on Dec. 14 2010 at 9:23 am
SaMiLoVe97 SILVER, Okawville, Illinois

If it doesnt break your heart it isnt love, if it doesnt break your heart its not enough. Its when youre breaking down with your insides coming out.Thats when you learn what youre made of.-Switchfoot<3

Wow. Thats horrible..not the poem, but the truth behind it. Im very sorry for your friend, and please keep writing.(: