The Oblivious One | Teen Ink

The Oblivious One

She spent days waiting for him to arrive. She was filled with excitement and anxiety. She couldn’t wait to feel loved like she had 6 months before, but she had no idea what was really in store. She was pressured and pushed like one would know. She had tears run down her face, but she would put on a show. She was known for her beauty and known for her smile, but this boy took her and demolished her pride. She thought he was the one and gave him all she had, and when he left her all alone it took her a while to wonder why she was even sad. Everyone warned her, and everyone was concerned, but she was so oblivious to his controlling ways and it wasn’t long before she learned.... She cried those long nights, and yelled at her family, for she was in “love” and he was her drug. She lost her sister from not opening her eyes, because her sister knew the story and she knew that he was not right. Finally she listened, and used his controlling ways as life-long lessons she would use each and every day.

Never let a guy pressure you or control you... it's just not worth it.