My Puppet | Teen Ink

My Puppet

November 18, 2010
By Natalie_T SILVER, Miami, Florida
Natalie_T SILVER, Miami, Florida
5 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"If neurotic is wanting two mutually exclusive things at one and the same time, then I'm neurotic as hell. I'll be flying back and forth between one mutually exclusive thing and another for the rest of my days." - Sylvia Plath; The Bell Jar.


You laid there, calmly.
You seemed so innocent, I felt possessed by your embrace.
A trance overcame my mind and you were the only thing I saw and felt.
Foolish enough to believe it would only be you and me.
Sex sells, so beauty and what we anticipate love to be are insignificant to the population that surrounds us.
My mind plays tricks on me, but not nearly as many as the ones you lay upon me.
The complex words you speaks, sound so sweet coming from your lips tender and blood red.

But although I wish it was all true, your words, your actions, all come with false intentions.
When you held my hand it filled me with a nearness of you.
A desire I have craved my whole life,
and now I know the tongue in which you speak in is one I will never learn

I will never speak false words.
This is what I always told you.
You bit my pretty heart in two,
Made feel so lonely with out you.
I always told you.

If only I had a heart.

It was not me who was foolish but it was you.
A man with so much power, so confident I will never do him wrong, if only you knew.
The false words I said I would never preach are the only thing I know.
Though, you could never see that is you that dangles from thin strands of string.
I hold you up, and dance you around with my words of sorrow.
Your deep brown eyes fill with empathy for the pain I said I felt.
But, you are just my puppet.
And I, have always controlled you.