Ode To Autumn

The Autumn Equinox is at hand,
Harvest Moon, All Souls Night,
The breeze carries a chill upon itself,Refreshingly crisp in its newfound coolness,As the world of green suddenly bursts in to a thing of unsurpassed beauty,A stunning array of color,Demeter's pride and glory,As creatures prepare for their winter nap,See them as they scramble about busy with a harvest of their own,Breathe deeply and savor the aroma of harvest in the air,A delicate blending of spice and woodsmoke,

Hark!
Do you hear the whispers of ghouls and goblins on the wind ,
Preparing for their night of freedom?Shadows creep about this night, Strange lights dance upon hills,and a faint song from the past reaches your ears,
Singing of mysteries unknown,
Once their threat has passed and the dawn rises prepare for a day of thanks,Contemplate your blessing of the seasons past,For there is much to be grateful for during the harvest moon,A display of color,beauty,Relief from Summer’s heat,Plenty for the winter ahead,
So this autumn forget not the cause of the season,As you honor the Harvest Moon and all the blessings it bestows.

rockstardream said...
This is beautiful! It's kind of mixed emotions for me in the Fall- I love the summer, and I hate to see it go...at the same time happily awaiting the beautiful, crisp colors of Autumn, and the feeling in the air! I too loooooovvvvveeee Halloween! :D