Life is...

By , Chicago, IL
Life is real,
not a dream world
Life is a tragedy
not a comedy
Life is a journey,
not a destination

theheartoflizz said...
This is wonderfully written. And so true. Good Job (:

Lupita replied...
Thanks for your comment!:)

JRA401 said...
This poem is good, and its meaningful. People around the world should read this poem everyday. Life is truly a gift and every moment should be cherished. People will constantly go through ups and down in their life, but they should be strong. " Life is real, not a dream world" is my favorite lines.  It's my favorite lines because if anyone gets shot in real life, they are gone forever, but some people think they live in a dream world where they are perfect. This poem is great the way it is,... (more »)

Lupita replied...
Thanks, for the comment and well I hope you really enjoyed this poem!

kkd303 said...
Dec. 6, 2010 at 11:11 am
This poem is short and meaningful. I like the lines "Life is real, not a dream world." Its telling us that don't think of life as a fairy tale. You should explain more on life is a tragedy. 

Lupita replied...
Well I am really glad you thought my poem was meaningful! And, well its actually true many people face the world as a fairytale but then they end up facing the real life!

LaShay_25 said...
Dec. 6, 2010 at 10:12 am
I like your poem it's short and sweet...I would compliment you more but I'm having a rollor coaster day i'm happy then sad then happy...yeah anyways your poem is nice.

knd071 said...
Dec. 6, 2010 at 9:12 am

I love how short and dramatic this poem is. The last two lines are my favorite and so true. Life is a journey, and just like your poem, it is short. I love how it all ties together, the length and content summing up what life is in only a few stanzas. 

I would love for you to add on to this, though in another poem. Keeping the same idea, but making it longer would give the reader more to read.

lostnhim said...
This is good. Really good. I like how its short, but... Says SO much in it at the same time. Great job!

mwahxandxmwa said...
I think this is exceptional really. it says so much in so little. I thik it has just the right amount of detail and depth to it! Amazing Mwah :D

homecommingstarr said...
its a really good poem you should've made it longer

Lupita replied...
yea... ill try to make it longer next time

Hazel-daisy1997 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is really good and it made me think, we all have our own views on life and some views are alike and others arent, well done!!!!!!!

Lupita replied...
Thanks!!! And, well it took me a long time to come up with this poem! Thanks for your comment!

Hazel-daisy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 6, 2010 at 7:18 am
its fine!!!!! i was wondering do you know approx. how long this took to get put up on the website? i know i said it before but really excellent poem!!

Lupita replied...
To mostly get this all together it took me about 1 month to think of how to put everything together into something really short

Dec. 7, 2010 at 11:12 am
thank you!! sorry its just i was wondering because i want to see how lond others take to come up and complete poems and stories!!! thanks :D

Lupita replied...
oh ok! u welcome by the way!

OriginalCarbonation said...
Dec. 5, 2010 at 10:47 am
what??!! lifes not a tragedy! i think if you're going to make a statement like that you should elaborate even just a line or two more on why that is. i was like WAH?? hahaha but good. i like that its succint

-xxxRosiexxx- replied...

Its a tragedy because of death, bad momments and everything.

I really liked the poem too because it is short but tells the meaning