My Mom | Teen Ink

My Mom MAG

The anger burns my lungs like a cigarette. I want to scream so loud that my voice is lost in the silence of your shock. You don't listen because you don't understand. You are selfish and wrapped up like a cocoon in you own problems. Everything I do is a disappointment. I am just another smudge in your life; something to cleaned, polished, and wiped away. I am not perfect and I will never pretend to be. The ink in my skin makes you burn with embarrassment. How could your daughter do this? You can no longer claim me beautiful, wonderful, perfect, because you are ashamed. Your inability to understand anyone but those who resemble you makes you bitter and judgmental. The wrinkles that now begin to crease your face will be blamed on me. The idea that I live my life to the fullest and try to enjoy my time on this earth is incomprehensible to you. I hate to be alone but you make me hate your presence. You claim I am lazy and unhelpful when I have been the single force holding your life together. You may not realize it yet but without me, you would have crumbled like a wall deteriorating after centuries of wear. So when I leave to get on with my life, what will you do? Where will you be? For I know I am strong enough to be on my own, but are you? Take a moment and think about that before I exit your world forever, without a single backwards glance.

My mom and I don't have a very good relationship and so instead of screaming or hurting myself, I wrote this.

icare4u said...
on Oct. 21 2013 at 11:25 am
You have a good way of expressing your feelings thru words! Look at your life in phases of every 7 years from birth, and you will make it to the next phase and all things inside will change....like a butterfly coming out of its cocoon! Check out "Praying for your Brain", I care dear one and I will be praying for you! Lynn

icare4u said...
on Oct. 21 2013 at 11:19 am
You have a very good way to release your thoughts in word, and I can see and hear you want to be heard, but more you want to be understood....and especially by your Mom.  Look at your life in phases of every 7 years from birth, this is one of those phases...and you will make it to the next phase and things will change on the inside, each time you go thru a phase!  Check out "Praying for your brain" on web. I care and I will be praying for you dear one!

on Jun. 3 2013 at 10:00 am
SunnyDreams BRONZE, Niger Falls, Other

Can you feel what I have seen, when no one else has lived through what I have?-HalveOfLife

give it time everything will be okay........ me and my mom are almost the same way....

alohagirl7 GOLD, Klawock, Alaska

"no guy is worth your tears but the one who is wont make u cry"
"your just a guy, nothing more and nothing less"

i think its great you write instead of yelling at your mom, but think about it. she loves you. sometimes people have a hard time expressing emotions. me and my mom have a great relationship, but when things get bad i try to stay positive. she brought me into this world and i am very thankful. and sometimes i think "she dont understand" BUT SHE DOES! she was my age once too! your a great writer and all. you should keep writing, but think about how your life would be with out a mom... some people without a mom would love your life...

my.freedom.lies.in.free.verse PLATINUM, Tosa, Wisconsin

"I'm in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into a void, and that oblivion is inevitable... and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we'll ever have, and I am in love with you." Augustus Waters

this is sooooo relateable and i feel anger released at my own mom when i read this. thanks ! and keep writing!

Delliebug BRONZE, Arima, Other

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me- Philippians 4:13

Wow..I love how you expressed yourself..it was just so simple yet full of feelings...just wanna say it's good dat u let go of ur hurt through writing...it's smart an really helpful..it actually is the only time..i write..wen i'm upset..lol..back to the point..keep it up :)

on May. 10 2011 at 9:09 am
Cosmicpupp BRONZE, Cherry Hill, New Jersey

"That which we call a rose my any other name would smell as sweet"
-Shakespeare

your paper was beautiful and i feel your pain. sometimes me and my mom dont get along n i feel your pain.

on May. 10 2011 at 5:28 am
UnComplete2 BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
My Mom And I Don't See Eye To Eye and I Feel Your Pain Waiting For The Exit Just Seems So Far Away.

madsobad11 BRONZE, SilverSpring, Maryland

I will never stop loving you: even through hard times
You make me nerves when you look at me

I can understand what u r going through

me and my mom have seemed to grow apart these lats couple of years

but now its getting better maybe because i go to boarding school and we cant fight but its also because we talk a lot more

So i m here to say it does get better but only if you want it to and if your mom its talking to u remember its a two way street  

Alise BRONZE said...
on Apr. 23 2011 at 12:56 am
Alise BRONZE, El Monte, California

Wisdom is knowing what to do next; Skill is knowing how to do it, and Virtue is doing it.

i loved it. i felt ur pain through ur words. it was beautiful.