A Taste Of You | Teen Ink

A Taste Of You

I’ve made a mistake, and there’s no going back, I could be wrong, and she could be right, but we are both to afraid to open up our eyes, and realize that we are playing the most deadly a game known to man and maybe we should just quit, and call it all off, because ive been hurt too many times to go threw this again, or maybe, just maybe, we should try it over, and start somewhere anew, but the consequences of loving you have taken a hold on me.

Im watching with stinging eyes, and holding out my heart, and yet she wont even look me in the eye, didn’t ‘we’ matter enough, why cant we try to be one again, because two halves really do make a whole, but what if those two halves, have the wrong edges and cant be put together?

Or maybe, your just as stubborn as I am and you wont look ahead, and I wish you weren’t so stubborn, I wish you would realize, the past is in the past, and that’s where it should stay, but you cant even look to the sky and tell me why, baby, why, you have to hide and run from everything thing we where and everything we could have been, and its such a shame that Ill never get to hold you again, because I loved the way you felt in my arms, and in the back of my mind, I loved it when you cried, because that was the only time you ever let your guards down completely, and I was blessed with a taste of who you really are, and baby, I gotta say you taste pretty good.