Those a Part of Me

It hurts when you treat me like I'm not good enough,
it kills when you tell me.
Is it so hard to be supportive?
To care, to be loving?
Why can't it just be a normal foundation,
full of happy memories,
containing irrevocable and unconditional love?
Why can't it be like a family?
The way it used to be-
undeniably different from now.
But, please-
with all the damage and scars you have engrained in me,
I think you deserve to take a bow.
But remember to open up the curtains so everyone can see,
just the kind of cold monster that you aren't afraid
to show me.

despurlockThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 21 at 11:23 pm:
  Preferences § 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 - = Backspace   Tab q w e r t y u i o p [ ]   Return     capslock a s d f g h j ... (more »)

xBaByGiRrL22xThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 12:00 am :
Thank you so much; I really appreciate it :) I was trying to make the structure almost parallel the meaning in a way by starting off slow and sad and finishing off strong because in those types of bring-me--down-situations, it is key to remain strong. Thanks again for taking the time to read (:

Jaki913 said...
Feb. 13 at 6:39 pm:
that is one of the most amazing poems i've read... it shoes kind of a sweet innocence mixed with a strong oppinion without making you sound needy...  i really enjoyed it

Mar. 20 at 10:32 pm :
Thank you ! I'm glad you like it :)