Bottle of Tylenol

Lying awake on a water bed.
Midnight just ahead.
With heart burn in my chest,
My eyes cry out the rest
of my pains caused by him.

Reaching for the Advil,
Sitting alone(too) on the windowsill.
I give it a shake - no rattle.
Empty, I found, was the bottle.
Empty was the bottle...

Midnight was near,
And now is here.
I can't deal with this hole,
In my heart which he stole,
So I pick up the full bottle of Tylenol.

GangstaEyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Alana! This is so powerful... I can relate. :/ How are you? Is everything okay? I'm here for you.

alanacarlene replied...
Yeah it's like a roller coaster ya know? Up and down and up and down... Obviously this was a down haha Thanks for being here and listening :) how are you?

GangstaEyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
No problem! I'm really good, which is nice for a change :P  Are you making progress moving on from that guy?

alanacarlene replied...
Ugh no! Ok if there was someone that was the worst at moving on I'd be even worse at moving on than that person! I guess to me sometimes it seems like he likes me but i don't know :/ it's pathetic on my part

Nov. 23, 2010 at 9:16 am
I sooooo know how you feel. Thats exactly how I felt. It's really tough. The only advice I've got is find something to distract yourself. I would say confront him about it (but if you're like me thats super scary and hard to go through with) but since y'all are such close friends I dunno if that'd work. We weren't really super close before so I felt like I had nothing to lose. I dunno. I hope I helped at least a little.... 

alanacarlene replied...
Yes everytime i talk to you it helps :) Thanks!!!