Studying This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I'm studying right now.
I'm studying you.
I'm taking notes
Until everything I predict is true.
Like a scientist observing
Behavior.
I'm observing you.
Noticing every detail, like
How when you smile
Your cheeks become round like
The soccer balls you like to kick around.
Or how when you do smile
Your teeth will never need braces.
Noticing how you stand.
Hands on hips,
Leg bent,
Making a face.

I'm taking notes.
Every little detail, then you
Look at me.
I wasn't ready for
That change in behavior!
I don't know how
To respond to your sudden attempt
At communication …
You look away and I continue
To study everything you do.
The friend I was supposed
To be helping taps me and says,
“I need help with problem #4, Gabby.”

Shhhhh … Not right now!
Because just one more glimpse
From you
Could help me get
Through the day.
Just one.
So please don't bother me.
Not right now.

Because right now I'm
Studying.

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 14, 2012 at 7:57 am
Wow so cute~ I always knew that guys and girls watched their crushes, but the speaker in this poem has got it down precisely---like a scientist studying a specimen! Great work~

maggetatorisawesome said...
I agree with LoudnProud, it was as if I was there. Everything was so vivid, the way you described the moment. And then there was the fact that you expanded such a small moment. This is just such a beautiful piece, and I wanted you to know that.

bound4life4ever This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 20, 2011 at 11:25 am
:D thanks soo much:) read the comment i left for Loudnproud cuz i wrote that for you too:) thanks again

LoudnProud said...
That poem was amazing! I loved it! There was so much detail, it was like i was there, watching this all take place!

Aug. 20, 2011 at 11:23 am
Thanx so much:D this poem was actually just spur of the moment. I was at lunch watchin him nd this poem just came out on paper. Its actually kinda sad... Cuz this poem was about a guy i liked named Walter. Turns out he was a jerk. -_- i guess not all poems have a happy endin. Lol:) thanks so much 4 ur feedback tho! Much appreciated to the both of yhu who commented:)