Endless Wondering

I wonder if you know how much I long
For how it used to be.
Have you already forgotten?

I wonder if there is a magic word I can say
To make you look at me again.
Would you listen if I said it?

I wonder if everyone telling me to move on
Knows my heart is broken.
Are they suggesting I leave it behind?

I wonder which is winning the internal argument-
My doubts or my desires.
Which will lead me back to you?

I wonder how it's come to this
And If we can go back.
Will you please end my wondering?

alex198 said...
lol:D I totaly agree :P

alex198 said...
I loved this! It was so relatable and so beautifully written. My favourite part was when you questioned people who say to move on by asking if they were suggesting you leave your heart behind. It was stated so innocently and sweetly and it really showed how fragile a person's emotions can be. This was really good! :D

GangstaEyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you so much! :) I really appreciate your comment!

Also, you have a cool name :) haha (my name is Alex too :P)

alex198 replied...
lol. I totaly agree :D

BrightBurningCampeador This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really like this poem, but there's on thing you might change to make it better (in my opinion). You could change it so that each verse starts with the line "I wonder" and then the next line is what you wonder. So it would be like "I wonder / If you know how much I long / For how it used to be". The poem doesn't really need it though, it's really good.

You're right! It would read and look better in that format... Thanks for your input :)

elisianicole101 said...
Nov. 17, 2010 at 11:01 am
Awww hun this is really good. it made me tear up! Poetry and prayer may not seem like much but somethimes its all you can do sometimes its just everything(: l love and miss you♥

Thanks so much Elisia :) I really appreciate it. Miss and love you too! <3

alanacarlene said...
Nov. 17, 2010 at 10:55 am

Awwww...This is really really REALLY good :) but i really wouldn't say its 5 stars...it's 6 ST*RS!!! haha

I'll keep you in my prayers :)))

Haha thanks Alana, that means a lot :)