Pray and pray again | Teen Ink

Pray and pray again

October 21, 2010
By AlixY339 SILVER, Wolfforth, Texas
AlixY339 SILVER, Wolfforth, Texas
5 articles 3 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
Psalms 23:4 "Even I walk in the shadow of the valley of death, I shall fear no evil for You are with me."


Time sits still as I hit my knees and I beg to the sky for forgiveness.

I know I will not get the answer I need at that moment, but I know that I am known.

I take my hands together and I cry to the sky in hope of peace within myself and for love.

I cry for acceptance with many who will take me under their wings and love me.

I bow my head and I weep tears of fear, of anger, and of pain and I cry for help.

I cry for truth to flow through me so I can fly into the heavens and am true.

I hit the ground with my hurt hands and I look up at the broken sky that raindrops fall from.

I smile and close my eyes and cry and let my soul be taken and cleansed by it.

I sit there and watch as my prayers take flight to the heavens.

I stand and walk away, leaving the form of my weak body and letting my new strong soul walk.

And I walk towards the great road that God made for me and I walk to my fate ahead.


The author's comments:
I am lost without god and this says that he is there and that he will always be there for us...